- Website terms and conditions
- Changes to these terms
- Other terms and conditions
- Data Collection
- Competition and prizes
Website terms & Conditions
- Thank you for visiting the Water Explorer website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully. Use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these Terms, which take effect on the date that you first use the site. If you do not agree to these Terms please do not use this site.
- Global Action Plan UK and its delivery partners, supported by HSBC, provide access and use of this site. References in these Terms to “we” or “us” or “our” refer to © Global Action Plan 2017 – Registered charity 1026148 Head Office – 9-13 Kean Street, London WC2B 4AY, Tel. 020 7420 4444.
- Global Action Plan UK reserves the right to change these Terms at any time. Please check these Terms on a regular basis for changes. Your continued use of the site after changes are posted will mean you accept the Terms as modified by the posted changes.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of anyone else, nor restrict or inhibit their use and enjoyment of this site.
- By using the Website you confirm that you are eligible to use the Website (e.g. a Head Teacher of a school eligible to participate in Water Explorer (the “Programme”) in one of the participating countries or a teacher/other person authorised by such a Head Teacher) and you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of use of the Website (the “Terms”) except where there are separate terms and conditions relevant to particular areas of this Website, which are indicated on the appropriate Website page. If you do not accept our terms, please do not use the Website.
- Whenever we ask you to give us information, you agree to provide complete and accurate information. It is your responsibility to ensure that the information provided by you on registration or at any other time is correct and complete. You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering by updating your school/group’s details.
- When you use your email address and password you are authorising us to carry out all the instructions you have given us on this Website.
- In order to maintain security, we will only allow you to log on and access your school/group’s profile details if you use your username and password.
- You must make sure that you do not disclose your password to individuals who are not authorised to access your school/group’s profile.
- The copyright and other intellectual property rights in the material contained in this Website belong to its licensed owner or us. Where data is from a third party the source will be provided. You may copy any part of this material under the following conditions:
- You may only make a copy for your school/group’s non-commercial use
- The copies must keep all copyright and other proprietary notices intact
- Copyright and other intellectual property rights protect images, text and teaching materials on this website and you must not reproduce them or use them in any way without the owner’s written permission
- We have the right to disable or delete your school/group’s accounts where we reasonably believe your school/group has not provided accurate contact details when registering for the Programme. We will attempt to contact you by email when we disable or delete a school/group’s account.
- If we disable or delete your school/group’s account, you can ask us for a new online account at any time provided you are eligible to participate in the Programme.
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion to deny any user access to this site or any part of it without prior notice.
- Certain hypertext links on this Website will take you to websites that are not under our control. When you click on any of these links, you will leave our Website. We have no control over, and will accept no responsibility or liability for, the material on any other website. We will not accept any responsibility or liability for websites we frame.
- Although we have taken care in preparing the contents of this Website, we do not provide any warranties of any kind as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this Website. As far as the law allows, we will exclude all warranties in respect of any materials or products referred to on this Website.
- We do not warrant that the functions or materials on this Website, or which you can access from this Website, will be uninterrupted or free from errors, that we will correct any errors, or that this Website or the server that makes it available are virus- or bug-free or represent the full functionality (range), accuracy and reliability of the materials.
- We are not responsible if you cannot access or use the Website due to the failure of any machine, data-processing system or transmission link, any period of maintenance, change, repairs, and alteration to or failure of computer systems, any industrial dispute or anything beyond our reasonable control or beyond that of our agents or sub-contractors.
- If any of these Terms (or any terms and conditions referred to on this Website) should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable under the laws of any country in which the terms and conditions are meant to be effective, we will delete the relevant terms (only in the state or country where they are illegal, invalid or unenforceable) and the remaining terms and conditions will continue to be effective, binding and enforceable. Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
Changes to these Terms
- We have the right to change these Terms at any time by putting the changes on this Website. It is your responsibility to read the Terms regularly to make sure you are aware of any changes. If you use this Website after we have made a change to the Terms, we will take this to mean you have accepted the revised Terms.
- Photographs and footage submitted by Water Explorer schools/groups to Global Action Plan UK or its delivery partners, either uploaded to the website or shared with us by other means may be used by Global Action Plan, its delivery partners or HSBC for publicity purposes, this includes but is not exclusive to use in both print and digital marketing materials, on social media and in films and presentations.
- Non-winners will not be informed directly, but the information will be publicised on the Water Explorer website www.waterexplorer.org.
Other terms and conditions
- We do not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of any aspect of a team’s entry. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- All prizes are awarded at the discretion of programme delivery partners. There is no cash alternative to any prizes awarded. Unless agreed otherwise in writing prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable. We reserve the right to substitute any prizes awarded to any teams or any other non-cash prize for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond our control.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from their negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, we exclude responsibility and all liability arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize administration or Celebration Events beyond our control and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
- The terms and conditions of any other third party supplier will also apply to the prizes awarded where applicable. If there is a conflict between third party terms and conditions and these terms and conditions, these shall take precedence.
- We will not be liable for any prize(s) that do not reach the winners for reasons beyond our reasonable control.
- If a winning team cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period or are not able or available to accept the prize for any reason which is beyond our reasonable control, then we reserve the right to award the prize to another team.
- We may refuse or disqualify any entry if the team concerned or anyone authorised by the team to deal with their entry, acts in a way towards any of our staff or anyone authorised by us to deal with their entry, which we reasonably consider to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive. If a winning team is disqualified we reserve the right to award any prizes to another team.
- This programme, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this programme.
- Water Explorer has been developed by Global Action Plan UK in partnership with Global Action Plan Ireland, Teragir (France), Agado (Germany), Global Action Plan Spain, InEuropa (Italy), FDDM (Switzerland), Global Action Plan Poland, Nature Trust Malta, African Conservation Trust (South Africa), Mikado Consulting (Turkey). Water Explorer is supported by the HSBC Water Programme.
- The Water Explorer Programme takes your privacy seriously, and will only use your personal information to administer your account and to run the Water Explorer programme.
- Information that is collected through the website is analysed by the Water Explorer team to determine the impact of the programme. The combined results for different teams are shared with the Water Explorer delivery partners and Water Explorer funders.
- Surveys do not collect students’ names, but do request some information specific to the children (3rd letter of first name, 3rd letter of last name, how many older brothers and how many older sisters), this is only used to allow us to match pre and post surveys without requiring the students to remember an identifying code. This information is not shared with anyone outside of the core Water Explorer team, and will be deleted at the end of the programme. Anonymised survey results may be shared with our academic partners from Westminster University for research purposes only.